Recently quite a few people are overwhelmed with resetting their passwords. To bring some clarity into the matter here is a guide on how to do it.
When requesting a password reset there is 2 basic situations to begin with.
- You do have access to the email account registered in your profile.
- You don't have access to the email account or put a nonexistent email adress.
The first one is quite simple:
- go to users -> contact and file a new issue
- make sure to include your account name into it so admins can identify you
- YOU DON'T NEED ANY ALT ACCOUNT OR ANYTHING FOR THAT
- wait. an admin will send you an email containing a new password
- log in with that password and change it afterwards
The second one is a bit harder to handle:
- with the steam account identified by the steamid you registered with add an admin as friend on steam
- make sure it's actually an admin and not just some webmaster or website contributor
- ask for a password reset via steam private message
- make sure to mention your account name
- get a new password from the admin
- log in and change it
We are currently not able to automatically send these emails which is why you will never receive an email from the system.