Is it really worth the trouble?
There're still people playing the game after 8+ years of its initial release, and that's because the gameplay of NS surpasses other games by far. It is versatile (fps, rts, melee), tactically demanding and socially entertaining game that has brought fun for many years. We wouldn't be running the league, if the game wasn't so damn good. To get a good feeling about NS, check out some cool movies in the movie section.
1. Getting Started
- Half-Life (purchaseable via Steam)
- Natural Selection
- Voice Communication Software (Teamspeak3)
3. Get in contact with the competitive community
First you might want to join our Steam Community and start adding friends from competitive gamers. Recently, most people use the website PM's, forums and Steam Friends to communicate with each other.
However IRC has been the traditional way of communicating so join our channel (#ENSL on Quakenet) if you hang around IRC. If you are new to IRC, check this guide to get things rolling. This is not necessary though.
4. Voice Communication is the standard
We're currently using mainly Teamspeak 3.
Server: ensl.org Port: 9987 (default)
5. Enter the competitive world
There are many ways to enjoy competitive NS. Suit your needs!
- Play pick-up games (recommended for beginners)
- Watch live games in your browser (that might be shoutcasted too)
- Watch live games in ENSL HLTV
- Watch previous games from demos
- Watch NS frag movies
- Play practice clan wars in...
- a mix of random people (recommended for beginners)
- an existing team (recommended next step)
- your own team and join the ENSL Contests