20:30 CEST Div 2: Spastic Colon vs. Starke Fischerboot ( )
Q: So what are these gathers you speak of?
A: These are pick-up games where a dozen of players decide to play a competitive NS game together.
Q: Does one need to be good to play in these gathers?
A: Nope, anyone who understands basic english and is willing to listen is happy to join. Sometimes experienced players can get a bit frustrated with the beginners but its okay, we've all been through that path before, its nothing personal. :-)
Q: Why would I play these games instead of public?
A: Because these games are much more demanding, and arguably more fun. You can get a taste of what NS used to be as a competitive game, pinnacle of FPS games. Nearly all players people who play gathers regularly prefer them over public. Gather games tend to be more balanced too as captains pick the teams, and admins might intervene to avoid boring walkovers.
Q: Why would I not play these games?
A: Possibly either of because of some personalities you'll come across or, you're not interested in playing this game as seriously as some players still do. Depending which kind of team you end up playing with, you'll have to put more or less effort into the game, more likely the former.
Q: What do I need before I join?
A: Teamspeak3 and working NS. Also you might need some tolerance for extended waiting.
Q: So how do I join?
A: Click here and follow the instructions. Its important you get yourself to teamspeak3 and the game server, we can guide you through the rest of the stuff.
Q: I got banned from the server after I registered, WTF is this?
A: You need to sign up to a gather, and wait until it starts, not join a game in progress. Don't worry, its just a temporary ban (if there even was one).
General Gather Rules
1. When you join a gather, show up and play.
2. Make sure you check if you are a captain and pick quickly when you are.
3. If you cannot play, get a substitute.
4. 1st map is mandatory, 2nd map is voluntary.
5. You have to play with the same Steam ID as the one on the NSL website.
6. ENSL Rules section 6.3 is applied in the gather.
7. Listen to your captain's orders.
8. Do not join a new gather when you are already in one.
9. Super obvious, but for the sake of completion: "Don't be a dick". This includes speaking in english if you have people in your team who don't understand other languages.
10. Player can't be forced to be Commander, but if you're the current Commander of your NSL team or if you're known as Commander, thanks to specify you don't want to Com in the Gather Chat.
Breaking these rules can be punished by banning.