12:00 CET [S10Div2A] iSay vs. Like A Glove
Q: So what are gathers?
A: These are pick-up games where you can sign up to play a competitive 6v6 NS2 game with other players from the league.
Q: Does one need to be good to play in these gathers?
A: Nope, anyone who understands basic English and is willing to listen is welcome to join. Sometimes experienced players can get a bit frustrated with beginners but it’s okay, we've all been through that path before, it’s nothing personal. :-)
Q: Why would I play these games instead of public games?
A: Because these games are much more demanding, and arguably more fun. You can get a taste of what NS2 used to be as a competitive game, pinnacle of FPS games. Nearly all players who play gathers regularly prefer them over public. Gather games tend to be more balanced, too, as captains pick the teams and admins might intervene to avoid boring walkovers.
Q: Why would I not play these games?
A: Possibly either of because of some personalities you'll come across or, you're not interested in playing this game as seriously as some players still do. Depending which kind of team you end up playing with, you'll have to put more or less effort into the game, more likely the former.
Q: What do I need before I join?
A: Teamspeak3 and working copy of NS2. Also you might need some tolerance for extended waiting.
Q: So how do I join?
A: Click here and follow the instructions. It’s important you get yourself to Teamspeak and the game server, we can guide you through the rest of the stuff.
Q: I got banned from the server after I registered, WTF is this?
A: You need to sign up to a gather, and wait until it starts, not join a game in progress. Don't worry, it’s just a temporary ban (if there even was one).
General Gather Rules
1. When you join a gather, show up and play until the end.
2. Make sure you check if you are a captain and pick quickly when you are.
3. If you cannot play, get a substitute.
4. 1st map is mandatory, 2nd map is voluntary.
5. You have to play with the same Steam ID as the one on the NSL website.
6. ENSL Rules section 3(Code of Conduct) applies to gathers.
7. Listen to your teammates.
7.1. Using a Microphone is mandatory on TeamSpeak.
8. Do not join a new gather when you are already in one.
9. Super obvious, but for the sake of completion: "Don't be a dick". This includes speaking in English if you have people in your team who don't understand other languages.
10. Players can't be forced to be commander, but if you're the current commander of your NSL team or if you're known as a commander, please specify you don't want to com in the Gather chat beforehand.
11. Join the ENSL TeamSpeak + NS2 Server in less than 10 Min.
Breaking these rules can be punished by banning.
<= please check this link too : http://www.ensl.org/articles/964 =>
The Ban process has been reworked. Every ban duration are discussed between admins.
We will be strict on the 6th# rules <=> being a dick to each other means ban.