17:00 CEST NSL Draft Tournament #7 https://bit.ly/2klMXNH
1 - General info
- These rules are specific to the Custom map cup of the ENSL on NS2.
- General rules apply, just as for any contest of the ENSL
- The cup is scheduled to start on saturday the 16th Febuary 2013, and end at the 17th Febuary 2013.
- Teams have been split into groups based on seedings(or estimated skill level), and region.
2 - Structure
2.a - Group play
- Each team of each group will play against every team of its group.
- Every round, one map have been chosen. The round's matches will have to be played on the map. In a match TeamA vs TeamB, as shown on the site, TeamA start playing as Marines. In round 7, there is "free" choice for maps, but if your team have sat out in one of the rounds, you must choose that map or the map your opponents didn't play when they sat out. That is to ensure as many teams as possible play most of the maps.
- Winning one round will earn your team one point. You can earn up to 2 points in a match.
- Note that the admins can punish your team by reducing your number of points if rules were to be violated by your team or your team members.
2.b - Final phases
- The top 2 teams of each group will then make it into a final match of that group to declare a winner of the group.
- Matches of the final phases will be played as "Best of 9" format with 9 being the maximum number of games to be played. Once a team won more than half of 9 games(ie. first to 5 rounds won), the match is over and this team declared winner.
- A coinflip between the two teams will occur to determine a coinflip winner. The coinflip winner can either choose which side they play on first (marine/alien) or the first map to be played (triad, turtle, icarus, jambi, honorguard, drydosity). After each game the sides will switch. A map has always to be played two times in a row and must change after every two games. The team deciding which map will be played next switches after every map, so that if Team A decided the first map, Team B decides the second map, Team A the third map and so on. A map that has been played gets removed out of the available map pool until all maps have been played and more games have to be played. The next map must always differ from the last map played. If any of the teams have sat out during the group play, and didn't play their missing map(s) in Round 7, then that will be the first map(s) of the final match if they reach it.
- In case of a tie on points between teams in a group, it needs to be decided who has upper placement by following order: a) results in direct comparison b) Best of 3 Tie Breaker Match.
2.e - Matches
- Once you know your opponents, contact them as soon as possible to set up the match.
- The matches have set times, you only need to agree on a server. If you don't have one, ENSL can help you out, we recommend playing on ENSL servers. Talk with an admin(gamerkatze) about it before you just take one!
- For communication use the comment function on the specific match page. You can find the links on the news post.
- The following maps are the maps to be played in the cup: ns2_triad (ModID: 46f035a), ns2_nsl_turtle (ModID: 7972b5e), ns2_icarus (ModID: 5f9ccf1), ns2_jambi (ModID: 6d28b78), ns2_honorguard (ModID: 7404cfb), ns2_drydosity (ModID: 724e849).
- These maps are being played to try how they work in a competetive setting, and test if any of them a compable of being in the regular season play. As we feel that 3 maps are a bit few, this is worth a try.
- Teams have to agree on a correct server for their matches.
- Don't forget that the servers must have the ENSL-enforced modifications else the match may be discarded.
- If possible, try to use the ENSL Official Servers instead of a clan's server.
- Server location must be in the regional area of the group, unless both teams agree to play on a server outside of the region.
- Server interpolation may NEVER be changed. This can result in a forfeit loss on the server owners.
- NS2Stats (ModID: 5fd7a38) must be installed on the server.
- No close spawns mod (ModID: 73ca53d) must be installed on the server.
This mod prevents close spawns. On ns2_triad it excludes the east/west tech points for marines as starting location, which means that both teams spawn randomly in north/south tech points. On ns2_icarus and ns2_nsl_summit, there are random "cross spawns" for all (North/West/East/South) tech points. On ns2_nsl_tram the option for Warehouse vs Server Room have been disabled.
- Server consistency checking have to look like this:
"check": [ "game_setup.xml", "*.lua", "*.screenfx", "*.surface_shader", "*.fxh", "*.render_setup", "*.shader_template", "*.fsb", "*.dds", "*.material", "*.level", "*.cinematic", "*.fx", "*.model", "*.animation_graph" ]
"ignore": [ "crosshairs.dds", "crosshairs-hit.dds", "exosuit_HUD1.dds", "exosuit_HUD4.dds", "Blur.fx", "marine_minimap_blip.dds", "minimap_blip.dds", "descent_wall_02_a.material", "descent_floor_01_a.material", "babbler.model", "tunnel.model", "mouth.model" ]
- PROTIP: How to set your server up.
- A team may use up to two substitutes for a given match (as many rounds as necessary)
- Subs should be of inferior or roughly equal skill level to the members of the team he will play with.
- As a consequence, if the sub is member of another ENSL team, his team must be in the same division or in a division below the team's division.
- In the case of North American subs for European teams or of European subs for North American teams, there is no specific rules. However, the other team can always refuse specific players for the above reason.
- Subs are allowed only if the other team agrees on the players substituting.
- Substitutes must be registered on the ENSL website.
- ENSL would like to remind teams that it is more fun and challenging to beat a 6-man team than a 5 or a 4-man team.
6. During the match
- Don't forget to be on time! You may receive a forfeit loss if your players are too late and the other team has its players.
- Players must use the same nickname ingame as on the ENSL website. Using your team's tag is also mandatory.
- All players need to record their matches, and keep the demo for the entire cup and one week afterwards.
- If a player can not provide his demo one week after the request by ENSL admins, he will get a punishment.
- Alt+Tab breaks recordings, so if you Alt+Tab during a match, you have to disconnect, "stop" your demo in console, and start a new demo.
- PROTIP: How to record a demo
- Major exploits : Match loss, depending on the case.
- Racism, excessive swearing, insults : after warnings, if the player does not change his behaviour, a 1-week ban will be enforced. Repeated offenses will call for longer bans.
- Cheating : 1-year ban
8. Prohibited known exploits
- Huge speed boost from the vents as skulk.
- Enabling silent mode as a Marine thanks to a ladder.
- Placing buildings where it should not be possible (like walls for marine buildings).
- Full speed during cloak bug.
9. Prohibited client modifications
- Any modification giving an unfair advantage. ex : model-changing, colour-changing, etc...
- Custom crosshairs and transparent maps/map colour changes are ALLOWED.