FIRST Check The NS1 Gather Community Discord Server for Updates:
How to install Half Life and the Natural Selection 1 mod:
1. Install Half-Life from Steam, assuming you have it purchased (10-20e)
2. Get NS1 Installer: https://www.ensl.org/data_files/635
3. for the lazy check https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vi-8y_fxsntDomy9qb4mw_go6u7QF9Ck
(includes ns, 3.2.1 patch, ambient sounds removed, default nl crosshairs, and a basic config)
HOW TO RUN:
1) After install reboot steam and it should appear to your library automatically.
2) create shortcut e.g. : "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 70 -game "ns"
Other stuff (OPTIONAL):
1. You can install nL pack if you want less UI clutter: http://www.ninelegends.com/releases/9l-ns-pack/
2. Custom NS1 client 3.2.1a can be downloaded here with some client fixes: https://github.com/Bacsu/NS
Good launch options:
-freq 144 -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms
Should fix also "weird feeling mouse" issue!
How to achieve over 60fps:
Create userconfig.cfg in your ns-folder or just put it in console (E.g. C:\steamgames\steamapps\common\Half-Life\ns)
and add these lines to it:
fps_max "125" //above 125fps makes lmg/hmg shoot faster
"good rate settings" (dunno are they good but better than defaults):
cl_cmdrate "130" //5 over your fps ex_interp "0.08"
After this if there are no new Informations in the NS1 Community Discord:
Recover a ENSL Account:
Register a ENSL Account:
(and log in with it to:)
Join the Latest Gather:
(What you require Teamspeak 3 for:)
Install Teamspeak 3:
Then Idle in the Channel:
(Till the Gather Music Starts where you have to vote for Captains and a Server)
AND HAVE FUN GATHERING.